Friday, January 17, 2020

A friendly neighbourhood with caring people


























It looks like an average suburban neighbourhood and it is. But don't for a moment think it is filled with uncaring folk living without a thought for their neighbours. I doubt that there are many suburban spots that answer to that cliched view of what are often referred to disparagingly as a bedroom communities.

I have a bad heart. I lose my breath when I do stuff outside with my grandkids. Neighbours have noticed. At the first sign of snow, I often have a neighbour show up unannounced to clear my driveway and my front walk. I appreciate it but my how it underlines the fact that I am getting old.

The photo, by the way, does not show my home but illustrates how snow can tie a scene together visually. I find winter, thanks to the snow, one of the easiest times for taking beautiful images. (At least, when the now is fresh. If snow gets too old, all bets are off.)


1 comment:

William Kendall said...

It's good that your neighbours look out for you.