Saturday, May 8, 2021

Not freezing temperatures nor heavy snowfall harmed the robins

 

Neither snow nor rain nor cold nor gloom of night stays a robin from the full completion of its parental duties.

I recently ran an image showing the tough life of a robin parent-to-be risks encountering in Ontario. Both the bird, sitting on its eggs, and the nest itself were under a deep blanket of snow. I openly wondered if the eggs would hatch. I was concerned. On the plus side, it appeared the two robin parents were taking turns tending the nest.

My nephew, Paul, assured me that the robin parents would succeed and the eggs would hatch. He told me to relax. He was right. It appears three eggs have hatched and today the robins were busy finding and feeding earth worms to their squawking brood.

No comments: