Friday, August 21, 2020

Central vacs are still made in Canada































Our central vacuum failed. No loss as far as I was concerned. Big loss according to my wife. We got a new central vac.

Our old unit was a Cana-Vac, which is made in Canada. It lasted 31 years! Our new unit is also made in Canada. It's a Vacuum Canada product. We bought our new unit and had it installed by a local shop specializing in vacuum cleaners. We considered buying our new unit from Costco but decided to accept the extra cost and support a small, local business.

That said, Costco would not have been that bad a decision. Costco likes to support local and/or Canadian companies. Costco sells a line of made in Canada central vacuum systems. I'm sure they use a local installer, as well.

Why did I pay more to buy locally? I believe the presence of strong, local businesses supplying good, needed services enriches a community.


1 comment:

William Kendall said...

I think there's a local one here that has central vacs like that.