Sunday, December 1, 2019

A Rainbow Post for December 1st



When my granddaughter Fiona was only 5-years-old I took her to Niagara Falls. She loved it and immediately asked for "her" camera. She had claimed my aging Canon S90 point-and-shoot as her own.


She shot this and that, aiming the camera here and there, she even shot almost straight up into the sky. I was puzzled. The Falls were immediately in front of us and yet she was swinging about excitedly shooting pictures.

Fiona had realized there were more pictures to be taken than just falling water and a rainbow in the mist. There was the blue, cloud-specked sky with soaring gulls.  And Fiona shot these other pictures as well.

I'm sure everyone at The Falls Saturday came away with a shot like the one on the right. The image that was missed by many was the rainbow high in the sky above the falls with soaring gulls adding extra interest.

Fiona didn't miss this picture. Now, I'm trying to open my eyes to all the picture possibilities around me. I'd like to shoot like a 5-year-old.

1 comment:

Linda said...

She did a great job!

I just scanned my blog using VirusTotal and it says that it is "Clean." I don't know why you are getting a warning. I haven't added any scripts lately.