Saturday, November 2, 2019

Today is NOT feature-the-colour-brown day


Yesterday members of the Daily City Photo group were asked to feature the colour brown in their November 1st post. While searching for my brown-photo post, I was thinking fall leaves, I saw this red, wet leaf on my paving stone driveway.

The image in my viewfinder said minimalist art and brought to mind the city of Trieste. Why Trieste? Because that's the city Nora Pallavicini calls home. And who is Nora Pallavicini. She is one of my favourite people on the Net. She shoots and shares colourful, simple but sophisticated, images which are often posted as minimalist art.

Nora Pallavicini: click her name, it's a link and scroll her page. Note, Pallavicini doesn't shoot everything she posts. But she does give credit to the artists, and make no mistake, the images she posts are art and the photographers talented individuals.

And if you do visit Pallavicini's page, you might find yourself seduced by a page dedicated to Doors. (Click the word "Doors". This will take you to another amazing page.) I worked for a chief photographer who understood the visual power of doors. The paper would feature a page of doors annually just before Christmas. The seasonal decorations tied the entire page together.


The Doors page features doors from around the world. Some are absolutely incredible. Give it a visit and follow the links you find. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Cheers, Ken!

2 comments:

Bob Crowe said...

Thanks very much for the tip. I will check her out. Your photo today is equally beautiful and simple.

William Kendall said...

Thanks for pointing her out!