Sunday, November 24, 2019

Space Scooter sold briefly in Canada

Reportedly, the Space Scooter was developed in the Netherlands, is now sold across Europe and in the States. For the moment, it seems to have been pulled from the Canadian market.

I'm posting this older photo as a follow up to yesterday's submission looking at an Ontario toy store that's expanding across Canada. Mastermind Toys was the only store stocking the Space Scooter a couple of years ago. It's an imaginative toy sold by an imaginative retailer.

Mastermind had a unit available for testing right on the floor. Online retailers can offer a lot but they cannot offer an immediate, hands-on testing experience.

My granddaughter discovered the Space Scooter had no learning curve at all. Rocking the platform came very naturally. She simply got on and took off.

I've often wondered how common these are in the Netherlands. I understand the latest model, the X590, has two speeds and dual brakes. I could see using one of these for neighbourhood shopping runs.

1 comment:

William Kendall said...

Oh well, not a loss from my point of view, but I'm in the minority.