Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Times Change


 

When I was a young lad, the idea of buying dope in a store similar to the store where one bought alcoholic beverages would have been ludicrous. Today the stores are everywhere. 

During those intervening decades, one London man became quite well known for his open, aggressive fight to make dope legal. At one point, he was sent to the States to serve time in prison. Today the stores he fought for exist across the country. But he is not allowed to own one as he has a criminal record. On the other hand, some of the police who arrested him and helped to send him to jail have left their jobs on various police forces and opened marijuana-selling stores. They do not have criminal records.

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

While I have no issue with it being legal, I think there are too many of them. And I personally find it to be a vile habit.

Rockinon said...

I cannot even get past cigarettes. I have yet to even enter one of these pot shops. I do find it distressing that the fellow who was our chief of police, and also had some high-up positions with other police departments, is now peddling the very stuff he once locked folks away for selling. And oh, you are probably quite right about the number. Some have closed because of the lack of business partially caused by too many outlets.