Saturday, August 7, 2021

I am constantly amazed at how much life changes just over the course of one lifetime. As a boy in the 1950s I recall the large vans carrying ponies that visited our neighbourhood. The vans would visit a neighbourhood a number of times each summer. The trucks would stop, a half dozen ponies or more would be dropped off along with a photographer for every pony. 

The photographer/pony teams would fan out across the neighbourhood going door to door to see if anyone wanted a shot of their child posed on a pony. Clearly my mom went for the offer. I once had a number of these photos. One never sees a travelling pony photographer today. Never. (My wife looked at this post and remarked: "Didn't every child once have a photo like that?")

1 comment:

William Kendall said...

We lived in the country and had them in the field behind our property.