Friday, March 5, 2021

People around the world are going stir-crazy

 

If you go out, wear a mask. If possible, don't go out. Stay in. And millions of folk are staying home, staying in and going quietly stir-crazy. Spring and the promise of getting out gardening is the bright light at the end of the covid-19 tunnel.

My wife has vacuumed all carpets and rugs. She has polished all our wood floors. Our bathrooms are so clean you could  . . . well, you get the idea. At second thought, put that idea out of your mind. 

Heck, the other day she wiped down my bald head and treated it with some fancy lotion. I sparkle.

Today I caught her cleaning our aging toaster. She could smell bread crumbs burning, she said. When she could not knock every crumb loose, she got some blue-striped, plastic straws and made her own unique bread-crumb nozzle.

She got the toaster clean but I'm getting worried. What's next? Spring cannot get here too soon.

No comments: