Saturday, March 20, 2021

A heart healthy meal inspired by a local London doctor

 


Today's post was inspired by Dr. David Spence at SPARC (Stroke Prevention and Atherosclerosis Research Centre) in London and located at Western University. When Dr. Spence wrote a book on how to deal with stroke prevention, a big part of the fight to remain healthy is eating right. The last part of his book was dedicated to heart-healthy recipes. 
 
I try to follow Dr. Spence's guidance and last night I discovered I had a fridge full of leftovers. Oh well, when life hands you lemons, make lemon sole, I say. I'm now out of sole, breading, sweet peppers and mushrooms but I do still have lemons. Can't get rid of the damn things. Oh well . . .
 
Dinners like this, very light on the saturated fats and low in cholesterol are an important weapon in the fight against heart disease. Cheers! (Sorry about the yellow tint but photo taken under warm, indoor lighting.)