Thursday, March 4, 2021

Doors are made in London, Ontario

 


Our front door is worn. The steel is dented, the paint is chipped and a kick plate is missing from the bottom. We need a new door. So, my wife and I went looking.

I was surprised to learn there is a door maker just on the edge of London. The company is located in the county to save on taxes. This is not uncommon.

I'm surprised at how much and how little companies like this know today. When I was a boy, I believe if one needed a door, you bought a door. Today the installers much prefer to install a whole package including the frame and sidelights.

If you'd like the weatherstripping repaired in the future, this request may overtax these installers talents. The company can make doors, steel doors, fiberglass doors or even an old, solid wood exterior door. But don't ask for too much maintenance or repair. Weird.

1 comment:

William Kendall said...

Should I ever buy a house, I'll have to consider that, but I'm renting.