Monday, March 15, 2021

Not as original as once thought

I was back in Stratford and strolling about the core heritage neighbourhood. Many of the homes are small, compact may be a better word, and were built a little more than a century ago for a mix of clients. A surprising number of the now valuable properties were built for simple working-class families.

I don't know the history of this home but I did chat with the present owner. He told me how two of the nicest features of the heritage property, features that drew him to the home, are relatively new: The half circle stained glass windows above the front windows only date to the late 1960s.

Now, I wish I'd asked if the home has also had an addition or two to enlarge the place over the intervening years. My guess, the roof visible behind the front peak is relatively new. This might have been a much simpler home when first built.

1 comment:

William Kendall said...

I like the look of this one.