Monday, March 2, 2020

We don't all seem to be on the same page.




























I admit I don't keep up with what is available when it comes to cell phones. I'm still using a simple flip phone which costs me only $100 annually. And so, I was surprised to see the large Huawei sign in the Bell store.

As most Canadians know, Huawei Chief Financial Officer Meng Wanzhou, 47, is detained under house arrest in Vancouver on Canada's west coast. Meng is the daughter of Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd’s billionaire founder, Ren Zhengfei. Meng was arrested at Vancouver’s airport back in December on a U.S. warrant and is fighting extradition.

While the Trump government has Meng firmly in its sights, Canadians are buying Huawei products and both Great Britain and Germany have announced that Huawei will be allowed to be involved in the introduction of 5G technology.

5G will be part of the urban fabric around the world in the coming years. It is looking as if, despite the best efforts of the U.S., Huawei will play a big role in the worldwide roll out of the new technology.

I asked the staff at the Bell store about Huawei and was told the Huawei phones and pads are among the best that Bell stores carry.

1 comment:

William Kendall said...

I would not be inclined to want one.