Thursday, March 5, 2020

Dreamland: A Virtual Reality Arena

The large photo of young woman boxer overlaid with geometric shapes piqued my interest. What exactly was in the building behind the poster? A sign, it looked like it could be the name of the business, said Dreamland VR.

VR? Virtual reality? What exactly is virtual reality boxing? There was nothing on the exterior of the building that made it any clearer. Clearly, I was attempting to venture into a world totally unfamiliar to an old geezer like me.


When I got home, I hit the Web. I found the Dreamland VR site. There I read the boast that it was a 2400 sq. ft., 8 player, wireless arena, the largest in Canada offering full body tracking and 4D effects. The boast was lost on me. I was no closer to understanding what went on behind the Dreamland VR walls.



In just a few days it is spring break. I'm going to have three granddaughters to entertain plus a great niece. I have some stuff planned. Traditional stuff that we have done in the past and I know the little girls are looking forward to doing again. But this VR place has me curious. I'm going back to learn more first hand. If I take the little girls, I  may have more to say about London's state-of-art VR arena.

1 comment:

William Kendall said...

That would be a new one to me too.