Tuesday, June 16, 2020

ActiveFit equipment sits idle thanks to covid-19






















The equipment is made by ActiveFit. Click the link and it will take you to the company's web page. Designed and made in Canada, there is a rather complete installation in London's largest park—Springbank Park. 

What does the equipment do? In a sense, very little. It just sits there. Yet, it offers a host of exercise possibilities to everyone except the very young. Each different installation encourages a different exercise and works a different set of muscles. I'm almost 73 but I can see even me working out successfully with some of these pieces of equipment.

Sadly the installation sits idle at the moment thanks to covid-19 and our over-protective parks department. According to MIT, stuff like this equipment does not support the covid-19 virus. Using it is safe. One does not risk picking up the coronavirus. I believe the folk at MIT over the bureaucrats at city hall. I hope the yellow caution tape comes down soon and my granddaughters and I can give the ActiveFit equipment a try.

1 comment:

Pat said...

Ours were locked up like this or had police tape on the equipment. They're open now, but I would stay away. My excuse for my laziness.