Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Automobile Dealers Short on New Cars

 

It was time for the annual fall tire change. Summer tires off and snow tires on. While the service department makes the switch, folk usually stroll about the showroom looking at the new cars, sitting in them and dreaming not of a seasonal tire change but of a complete change of cars.

But there was no dreaming today as the dealership showroom was completely devoid of new cars. There's a chip shortage, you know. And new cars need numerous electronic chips to function. 

The floor was not totally bare, the dealer had a 1960s era VW Beetle on display. Today it was memories wandering the showroom conjured up and then only in the oldest, most senior of clients. I had a robin-egg blue memory haunt me while I was there.

1 comment:

William Kendall said...

My parents had a couple of those, before I was born.