Thursday, November 4, 2021

A good neighbour, friendly community, story

When my wife, Judy, ran low on flour right at the beginning of the first COVID-19 lock-down, a neighbour said he was going to the grocery store and he'd pick-up some flour for her. He did but he would not take any money. So, Judy gave the fellow and his wife a chocolate cognac truffle tart to say thank-you. 

That was months ago. During the intervening time the fellow set out to find a suitable dessert to give to Judy in return. The other day he and his wife stopped by with his response to Judy's gift: a German chocolate bombe. 

Wow! He said this was the first dessert that he has ever made. Wow! Both Judy and I are speechless. And damn it, this thing tastes as good as it looks. The fellow is amazing. I hate him. I'm looking for a gypsy to put a curse on him. 

I try to cook. I often make dinner and I've tried my hand at a dessert of two. But I don't come close to delighting Judy to the extent that he did. Grrrrr. Isn't jealousy and ugly emotion? Now, I've got to go. I have to go looking for a proper gypsy. (Stephen King would understand.)

No comments: