Monday, November 30, 2020

Six feet apart is? Better than six feet under?

At one time London, Ontario, had quite the number of book stores. Many had been around for decades. I believe today the city is down to one chain, Indigo, with two locations. But it is a good chain, well-run and a fine place to shop for Christmas gifts.

When the young lady approached, yes Indigo has staff, what a concept, and asked if she could help I was all "yes you can!" You can help me get not a book but a picturea picture that conveys the mood of the city today. And the young lady with her message-bearing shirt was perfect. (I cropped the shirt when taking the picture. I'm left to wonder how the message ends.)

Masks and social distancing are rules of the day and it seems that everyone is following these rules. One hears of some resistance but I have to say that I have not encountered any as of late. Some folk grumble but as long as they grumble in a muffled manner from behind a mask, I'm O.K. with their complaining.

No comments: