Saturday, November 28, 2020

Computers bring the world inside

I've been trying to show my granddaughters how computers can bring the world inside. I've told them about the City Daily Photo group and how I've learned so much about St. Louis in the States, Antigua in Guatemala, Mumbai in India and the list goes on: England, Bulgaria, Italy . . . Posters may have noticed that I have shared some of the work found here on my personal FB page. My friends and relatives need to see something positive at this time in their lives.

My oldest nephew took a bus up a narrow mountain road to Machu Picchu in the Peruvian Andes. I showed him how I used Google Street Views to wander the ruins: Machu Picchu.

So, last night my youngest granddaughter took me on a tour, a tour of her iPad apps. We were able to visit interactive fantasy lands and she was delighted. She also liked the idea of the picture of her working on her iPad and so she cooperated in making the posted image. She stayed focused, kept playing but kept rather still. Why? Because of the slow shutter speed, she'd tell you.

No comments: