Saturday, July 25, 2020

And it's all safer than the traditional play equipment

Traditional playground equipment, such as a swing with a seat made with a heavy, steel-capped wooden plank, is out. Adventure playgrounds pushed the swings, tall slides and simple teeter-totters into the retirement. But then, the injuries mounted and adventure playgrounds were phased out. Totally safe equipment then came into vogue. Boring. And so today, designers are taking another crack at coming up with the ultimate playground equipment.

I have to admit to having had reservations about a lot of the new stuff filling London parks. But, the  more I travel about the city with my granddaughters, the more enthused I am getting. I'll have to go back to last night's park for pictures. It had the weirdest take on a slide ever. It was the reason my granddaughters took me there.

And the equipment comes from all over the world. So far, I've noted stuff from Big Toys of Chattanooga, Tennessee and HAGS of the U.K.



No comments: