Sunday, January 23, 2022

The world is not all the same

 I have, at times, heard people say that the world is all the same today. A city in Canada is in many ways the same as a city elsewhere in the world. I have to concede that in some cases, they are right. Modern glass buildings, whether apartment blocks or commercial districts, can often look very similar no matter where these structures have been built.

But then there are things like fences. These two fences, which I found in the eastern Ukraine using Google Street Views, are unlike anything I have ever encountered anywhere in North America. I wonder how old these fences are and whether or not this style of fencing is still be installed in the East European country. And is it common elsewhere in Europe?


1 comment:

William Kendall said...

Those are quite distinctive.