Saturday, January 23, 2021

Covid-19 closed hill but snowmaking continues.


Boler Mountain is closed and not slated to open until, at the earliest, February 12th. Despite being closed, the snow-making team at the small hill is busy readying the slopes.

I'm retired and in my 70s. I am not rich. Yet, I put the cost of ski lessons for two of my granddaughters into my budget. It is money well spent. At least, it was until this year. This year, so far, neither girls has had even one lesson. The ski hill has been kept closed by the provincial government fighting covid-19.

How the little ski hill will survive this financial disaster has me concerned. I'm trying to convince those who are out money for prepaid services and activities to not request a refund. Everyone budgets for skiing. The money is not missed. The skiing is missed but not the money. No one will suffer if the money is not refunded but the ski hill will suffer if everyone demands a refund.

I say support our local ski hill. "Do not ask for a refund!"

No comments: