Friday, December 4, 2020

Comfort food was the topic of the month

 


I understand that comfort food was the topic to be covered on the first of December. Oops! Uh, better late than never?

Both my wife and I must watch our weight. But we both love pasta. We've found that the usual serving amount of 85g of pasta, dry weight prior to boiling, is too much. We have settled on 55g as the perfect amount and this allows the other ingredients to shine.

This lobster pasta is a bit pricey but I call it a restaurant substitution dinner. To the lobster I like to add a vegetable for colour, texture and flavour. This time, as you can see, I added big pieces of asparagus and chunks of mushroom. To give this a bit of a sauce, about 60g of soft goat cheese has been stirred into the mix and all has been topped with some grated Parmesan immediately before serving.

For medical reasons, I am only allowed the occasional small glass of wine. For a dinner like this I usually allow myself a small glass of white wine.

1 comment:

William Kendall said...

I'd substitute chicken, as I'm not one for seafood.