Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Location is not just important in real estate

 

I ran a photo of this scene yesterday. After shooting yesterday's image, I began walking back to my car and noticed a second picture. It was arguably a better shot than the first.

What grabbed my attention was the way the three bushes, viewed from this new angle, lent themselves to a cropping accenting the three distinctive falls colours. 

The lighting shifted with the changing location. I liked the change. The leaves had more of a glow with the light coming through the leaves rather than being simply reflected.

To force the three bushes to appear visually close, a longish lens was used and a slow shutter speed was teamed with a small aperture. Doing this maximized depth of field, keeping all three bushes in tight focus.

And so, in the interest of accenting the medium, photography, forgive me but I'm running a second image from yesterday's shoot.

No comments: