Friday, September 3, 2010

Thames Valley Trail Association

I hesitate to call them seniors as most were not over 65 and, for that matter, the term seniors may be politically incorrect today. And gosh, I do hate to be politically incorrect. Whatever I decide to call them, I must remember to modify my choice with the adjective cool.

Thursday morning I met a most interesting group: The Morning Ramblers of the Thames Valley Trail Association. Members meet twice a week, Tuesday and Thursday mornings, to take a planned hike together.

I joined them this past Thursday at 9:15 a.m. They met at Treasure Island Mall and then headed for the morning destination in four cars. Those taking the car pool chipped in to reimburse their driver.

If you've been following this blog, you know that I often hike in Springbank Park. When you hike alone you set your own pace, and the pace I set is a bit slow. When I learned of the Morning Ramblers I figured I'd have to check them out. They passed the test.

The big question is, "Did I?"

No comments: