Friday, August 13, 2010

A plus for London: Toronto

An armoured general guarded the First Emperor in the afterlife.
The Warrior Emperor and China's Terracotta Army is now showing at The Royal Ontario Museum (the ROM) in Toronto.

If one goes on a Wednesday the tickets are discounted. My wife and I, and another couple, took in the show this past Wednesday. It was excellent.

ROM: Go for the Terracotta Army; Stay for the dinosaurs.

As I have mentioned before in my posts, one nice feature of living in London, Ontario, is its close proximity to Toronto. We made the drive to T.O. in a little more than two hours.

Toronto is a classic "Nice-place-to-visit-but-I-wouldn't-want-to-live-there" place in my opinion. I say that having lived there for a number of years in my youth.

Just one of the many places to grab a bite in Baldwin Village.

But T.O. really is a nice place to visit. Between the ROM and the Art Gallery of Ontario lies Baldwin Street with the Baldwin Village bistro and patio saturated row of restaurants. After the show we stopped in at the Vegetarian Haven for a vegetarian dinner before hitting the freeway for London.

Toronto really is a fun place to visit and London is blessed to be almost the perfect distance from the big city. Close enough for a day visit and yet too far away to encourage daily commutes.
Giant pencils support the canopy in front of the Ontario College of Art and Design in Toronto. As I said, Toronto is a fun city.

No comments: