From londonhistory.org we learn that, "In 1895, the London Mechanics’ Institute, located on 229-231 Dundas Street, closed down and the theatre in this building became the London Music Hall.
The opening performance in the new London Music Hall was given by 'J. L. Clark and his excellent company of actors, singers, dancers and comedians.' For 10, 20, or 30 cents, the public could watch the presentation that was described by the Boston Globe as 'Black Face Farces' in the London Music Hall.
"The London Music Hall was later overhauled, electricity was installed, and it became a temporary theatre space for the New London Opera House.