Saturday, July 4, 2009

Blue and Gold Macaw loves the Forest City

In Victoria Park checking out the Caliente Festival Hispano, I saw this gentleman strolling through the park with a beautiful Blue and Gold Macaw (Ara Ararauna) perched on his arm. These incredible parrots are found wild in the tropical rain forests of Central and South America. Very trainable and quite intelligent, these birds are considered by many to be the most beautiful of all parrot species. The International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) classes these birds as of least concern for, except in Trinidad, they are still plentiful in the wild.

1 comment:

don said...

My b&g Shadow is 31 yrs old, 12 weeks when i got him.
Shadow definitely puts the I's in magnificent.
He is gentle loving affectionate and intelligent.
I love all the macaws but b&g's are the best for me.
He is my shadow we go everywhere mostly together. i would die were I to lose my shadow.