Monday, July 27, 2009

They just keep blooming. Yes!

The first time I went to Horner Lilies, I went a little crazy. I know you will find this hard to believe, but I went a little overboard. I bought lots, as you now know if you've been following this blog. My wife wasn't so keen. Lilies, she said the name with a certain air of contempt. They're the orange flowers that grow like weeds everywhere, she said.

Well, someday I will defend those lovely orange flowers but today there is no need to launch a defence. My wife is in love, yes with me (blush), but also with my lilies. I think you can see why. If you live in the London area, visit Horner Lilies on-line, or even better go and see their lilies in person. And remember the lily beds are only open for viewing until the end of July, I believe. Horner Lilies is located near Thamesford northeast of London. (This is not an ad. I get nothing for plugging these folk other than the pleasure of getting out the word.)

No comments: