Sunday, July 26, 2009

Picture taking is looking up.

Since retiring, I've developed a rich love for London and southwestern Ontario. Appreciating your surroundings is cheap. Retired, I need cheap. If it's expensive, it may be out of my financial reach. It's lucky that I live where I do. It is one of the best places in the world. We would be wise to take better care of our little piece of Spaceship Earth.

Today the sky over London looked bright, rain-washed clear blue. There was not a hint of the all too common haze of air pollution. Today the sky had the dramatic look of clashing weather systems preparing for battle above the city.

I loved it. It was worth running here and there, finding different angles to best record the unfolding moment. Tip: always carry a small camera. You can't take pictures without a camera.

The U.S. had a neat series of stamps featuring different cloud formations. Check them out.

Cheers,
Rockinon

No comments: