Friday, July 3, 2009

Lilies on the Hill

About a week ago I blogged about my bright orange Asiatic lilies which were then in bloom. At one point, I had about four dozen flowers screaming for attention. The reason I had so many is that Asiatic flowers stay at their peak for days. As new buds open, the new blooms join the ones that opened days earlier; together they make an impressive presentation. Now, it's my daylilies seeking attention with the first two opening this morning. They are called daylilies because their flowers last but a day. Tomorrow other buds will open and another set of flowers will take centre stage. Each year I buy another few lilies from Horner Lilies northeast of London. (The time to visit them and make your selections is now.) In time, I will have quite the beautiful presentation fronting of my home.

No comments: